Monday, April 9, 2012

A Christ Centered Life


When Christ is the center of our lives, blessings flow. A Christ centered life, allows Jesus access into our everything- our relationships, our marriages, careers, parenting, friendships, ministries and business affairs.

How do we do this? How do we give everything to Jesus. Paul reveals how we can know the fullness of life in Christ in his prayer to the new church in Ephesus in the book of Ephesians, Chapter 3:17-19. Go with me there. Read it several times-

17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, so that, because you have been rooted and grounded in love,
18 you may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
19 and to know the love of Christ which passeth knowledge, that ye may be filled unto all the fullness of God.

The fullness of God is knowing how much God loves us! This is the central, ultimate purpose of the New Testament; demonstrated in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus.

Our faith is rooted in God's love for us, not in how much we love God. If we base our faith on our own actions of committed, passionate love, we will come up short everyday.

When I first heard this message by John Prince spoken at a Hillsong Church Conference broadcast, I felt such a relief. I know my love- at it's best- is flawed and steeped in conditions, and time after time fails to show the love I have for God and mankind. I feel a bit defeated in trying to demonstrate this in my Christ centered life.

So wow, what a relief! Knowing that it's not really up to me to do the ultimate God thing... that's God's job.  Instead, God says," look at my love,  live in my fullness,  my unconditional love for you!"

So today my prayer is that we know how much God loves us. Focus on that one principle only. Imagine God wearing rose colored glasses looking at you, and that through the lenses He stamped the word LOVE on your forehead, and then put this melody in your heart -

"Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so!"

 I am going to be siniging this children's song with a renewed and fresh insight. It's the greastest love song ever written dear ones. Teach your children too, it's all about Jesus.
 Believe.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3 :16

We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19



No comments:

Post a Comment