Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Prosperity and Joy




I watch and learn from God inspired teacher's, James and Betty Robinson are top on my list. I wanted to share a recent "Life Today" episode where they are interviewing a Rabbi who has written a book titled " Thou Shall Prosper". As I watched, and listened, I was reminded, and very grateful, that God is our provider


God can lead us through this financial mess we are in. We need to go back to God's word and rethink this money thing. We need to look at the law of finance from a Biblical perspective, one being instituted first as spiritual laws God put in place long before Wall Street. 


The Rabbi said, "money is a spiritual reward from God as a result of providing a pleasing service to someone." One prosper's from giving-not getting.

Often this is a contradiction to the world's teaching which says- "What about me, what's in it for me? "


The world is fickle, and subject to the trapping of the great deceiver who has one and only one purpose. To lie, steal, and cheat you out of your joy in the Lord.


The Bible says-


The joy of the Lord is my strength. Nehemiah 8:10 


Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation." (KJV) Habakkuk 3:18 

Joy does not come from your bank account. Joy is in the giving of ourselves to something that pleases God. We, who are made in His image, will find that pleasing God activates the joy.  


The age old question that comes to my mind today is-


Choose this day who you will serve. 
God and his plan?
Man and his way?

I know the right choice for me. Trust God.
I pray you can see it too.


Today I choose to see the people, and the opportunities God  places in my path, as stepping stones of joy and prosperity.


http://lifetoday.org/video/prosperity-and-joy-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment