Saturday, August 6, 2011

Prayer Matters

Over the years I have journaled many letters and prayers to God. Today I am looking back to see how much I've grown through this medium of submitting my wants, fears, needs, desires, weaknesses, and will to Him.

I can see how God has answered and manifested His perfect will for my life. It's not as clear in the real time, at the time of submission, but now I can see revelation, God revealing Himself  in relationship with me. It's a beautiful thing; and my faith, and trust matures and grows stronger.

I encourage you dear one's who are seeking a deeper relationship with God to keep a journal; bare your soul to God, and He will bless your spirit. He waits to hear from you, as a parent who's children have left home, he misses time spent caring for you. Write out your prayers, as letters sent home.


A few of my prayers shared with you..

Lord, show me how to love to life this poverty in my spirit when I try to love through my own expectations. 

Lord, I am unsure of my way today, but certain in you. You are with me, and have plans for me.

Lord, I pray today that you make me an instrument of your peace and love.

Lord, help me to stop judging others by their actions. Who am I to know their motivation at that moment, their heart's cry, superficially acted out. Help me to spend my time in the spirit of generosity  acceptance, and encouragement.

Amen

Call to me and  I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.
Jeremiah 33:3

1 comment:

  1. My father told me the other day how Joe Gibbs, the legendary former coach of the Washington Redskins, says the last thing he does every day before going to sleep is to push his shoes up under the bed. That way when he wakes up in the morning, the first thing he must do is get down on his knees.

    ReplyDelete