Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Abiding

John 15: 9-13

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. 11These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
 12 "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

My purpose for this blog "Trusting God" is that you would be encouraged to know your Creator and Savior as I do, and that you would daily seek him in the truth of his word and through the love of his spirit. 


To continue to trust in God (abide) we must know his words- through study, preaching, teaching, praying and hearing the word. We must also be doers of the word to see God working in the natural.   

Reading God's word daily, even if you only focus on one verse, the truths will begin to abide in you, and here is where the transformation of the mind to be more Christ like will begin- in the abiding. 

Today's truth is that God loves you so much, and wants you to really experience "true love"- the love of Christ. A love that is so full that it naturally overflows, never stopping, always seeking to share, giving new life to the wounded or dead in spirit. Love is the greatest gift from God. 

Just remember- Christ's command to love other's is spiritual, and must come from our yielding to his spirit. The natural man (our flesh) can only love selfishly. We battle with our own judgmental mind and prejudices. Only as we begin to learn how to daily abide- relying on the power of the indwelling Spirit to act on our behalf, do we begin to conquer hate and indifference- the opposite of love.


The spiritual truths of abiding in Christ are deeper than words on a page or spoken in a pulpit. We must believe and trust God; that the Holy Spirit will teach us as we walk in faith and share God's tender mercies. 


In Christ's love I am  praying for all of you dear ones seeking Him today.   


1Corinthians:13:13
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.



No comments:

Post a Comment