Friday, July 8, 2011

Exercising Faith



"My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,'  says the Lord.
'For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

When I was a new Christian I found it hard at times to understand how this faith concept worked. I knew I was a believer and my commitment to follow Godly principals was strong-or so I thought.    


It just seemed that when the world's standard collided with godly principles, I would feel weak and confused as which way to go. It was awhile before I realized I just needed some time exercising my faith to learn trusting God did not always mean understanding God's way's all the time. 


As seeker's of the way we will always rely on God's leading and direction. We must trust that the victory is already won and that His solution is always best. What the world sees- he sees beyond. Of course the Bible is that instruction book I find the answer to most of my questions. My part is to read, study and then exercise this understanding through faith.  


If you compare this discipline to that of exercise for physical fitness you know that in the beginning there will be some pain and a time of adjustment.  It was for me at least, when I was breaking free from the painful habits of my past that I knew were not good for me. 


I had to rely on God to help me, and to trust him that I would grow stronger against the enemy's attack on my new faith. There were times I wanted to quit, and do it my way (but  thank God) I held on to my Bible and prayed in sheer obedience for God to take this temptation away. I knew he could see beyond my limited view and that relying on my own "feelings" was a slippery slope. 


My trust was to hold on to the promises within this love letter he gave me. I am so glad I did I pray that you can too. 
Hold on dear ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment