Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Prayer

Today's Verse from Philippians 3:13-14

"This one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind . I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

My prayer-

Lord,
You have revealed to me a wonderful message (May 29- Forget) in my "God Calling" devotion book. The message-

"regret nothing, not even the sins and failures, for when a man views earth's wonders from some mountain height he does not spend his time in dwelling on the stones and stumbles, the faints and failures, that marked his upward path. So with you. Breathe in the rich blessings of each new day- forget all that lies behind you."

Upon this mountain I will stand with you Lord, seeing the beauty is in the vista, and knowing the climb is behind me. We have made this journey together for a reason. I had a lesson to learn and a time of testing to endure.

On the other side of this mountain, I do see the green pastures, lush valley's, clear sparkling streams and mirror lakes. The pathway is smooth and gentle, bordered by shade trees to rest beneath. 

A wonderful respite from the climb upward. "Look up. Look up." You call to me, as the eagle takes flight from her nest among these great trees. "Now remember, look up each day and see my face in the morning sunlight that will light your path through these vistas up ahead."

I will, I will my Lord. You will be my guide and my strength as I continue to trust and seek you early each day. This is my prayer to you, my Jesus.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment