Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hurts in the Past

An excerpt taken from a page in my notes last summer. A candid answer, I share candidly with you now.

The question in my Bible Study asks "What comfort has God given to me as I have sought comfort from hurts in the past? Journal about that, focusing on whether or not you are willing to pass on the comfort?
"I was angry and hurt when my life's plan for marriage and motherhood was shattered. I was raw with emotions, feeling no comfort, because I had turned my back on God. It was a dark and lonely place, the only light inside my heart was artificial and burned out repeatedly- I was running on empty. I had to run  into the desert, for a season of barrenness and drought. As I reached the end of myself, fallen face down, exhausted and lost, I finally surrendered and gave it all up to God. I had a lot inside that literally was making me sick. I purged and purged (prayed and repented) and sought the help of God (forgiveness), and life (love) began to come back into me. I still felt so alone, but continued to seek God for my daily manna. My prayers were on my knees, and Jesus was comforting me through the healing process. He is my rod and staff, and my desert is now a beautiful highland meadow, full of lush green grass and a babbling brook- My God sent me a help mate to stand with me. He was in need of the savior too, and we comforted each other. Today I am writing in a blog  "Dreams Do Come True"; I am doing this to help other's. I want my readers to see Jesus as the only way to true comfort."

No comments:

Post a Comment